Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cooking with the girls

Tonight, we had a first. The girls "helped" me make chocolate chip cookies. We took two step ladders and I started the cookies while Wes did the dishes. The girls stood patiently on their stools and only fussed when they couldn't see what I was doing. They loved watching me stir the ingredients and when I sifted the flour I told them in was snowing. They both said snow and then we talked about the snow storm this past winter.

When the cookies were still baking we turned on the light and looked in the window and Wes counted down with them the last 10 seconds of the first batch. They were so excited about the whole process and loved eating the cookies. We all sat around the table eating our milk and cookies talking.

It was really fun to do with them because they understood what I was doing and what the outcome would be.

No comments: