Friday, July 4, 2008

July 4, 2008

Lizzie is 5 lbs 6 oz
Gracie is 3 lbs 15.8 oz

Lizzie is now up to bottles every other feeding. She and Gracie have both tested positive for MRSA. That means Wes and I have to put on yellow gowns and gloves. It make us hot. I tried to breast feed Lizzie and she was too sleepy to try. Gracie tried an open crib today but got too cold and moved back to her isolet. They will try her again in a couple of days.

I asked today how long until the girls go home. It looks like a couple more weeks. We also saw my friend Brandi in the NICU. She delivered yesterday. Hopefully, tomorrow Gracie will be 4 lbs! On Monday, she gets to try the bottle again!

We left the hospital early today so we could go see fireworks. We met our friends the Halsteads in the Catholic church parking lot with my parents to watch. It was nice to get away. We have been so consumed by the girls and trying to get them home.

No comments: