Saturday, February 14, 2009

Attention

Whenever we go out with the girls, we always get stopped. We get questions like "do you have twins?" or "is it a boy and a girl?". Anyway, yesterday I had to take Grace to the pedi because she wasn't feeling well. I noticed a man sitting in a restaurant and he held up two fingers and I nodded yes and walked on.

When I come out of the pedi office, the same man comes running up to me and in broken english starts to talk to me. He asked about the twins and then asks me about the octuplet mom. For some reason everyone thinks you are an expert on all multiples because you have twins. So he asks me, "you hear about octo mom" and then he keeps saying "she crazy, she has 8" holding up fingers to let me know how many. I just keeping nodding and smiling and try to get the girls in the car as fast as possible and leave.

I decided since I was off work early and needed to get my grandma a gift I would go to the mall. I get the girls out of the car and pull out the huge double stroller I have dubbed the monster. I bang around JC Pennys and can't find anything. I decide to venture farther in the mall. As I walk, I get stopped by a man working a kiosk. He has to tell me his twin story and asks if I had them natural too. Like it is any of his business. I politely talk to him for a minute and then leave. I finally get to grandma's favorite store and draw a crowd there asking all kinds of questions. The comment we hear the most often is "one's asleep and one's awake".

Now, I know how celebrities feel. :)

No comments: