Thursday, October 20, 2011

How Are They Different?

People ask me all the time how the girls are different. While they were still in the womb, I was concerned about their movement and I told the perinatologist that one was more active than the other. He said to me, they are totally different and not to compare them. Later I learned, that they were both active and that they were both laying with their feet in the same spot. Lesson learned. It is still some times hard not to compare but I keep telling myself they are two different girls.

And different they are. I wouldn't say night and day, but different. To explain it, lets look at their hair. Lizzie has very straight hair, so straight that it really doesn't hold a curl. Her personality is very straight and narrow. Methodical and organized. Things have to be a certain way, you have to tell her about change and then she will be ok. She was one of the first kids in her preschool class to master rolling up her nap mat. Gracie has curly hair and is very bouncy, springy (like her curls). Compassionate and hyper. She comes up with some of the most imaginative things. She loves to carry some sort of bag and loves her babies.

I wouldn't say that one is more outgoing than the other, but different. In some situations, Gracie takes the lead while in others Lizzie does. They both like girly things but have different tastes. I can start to see their sense of style coming out. Much to their mother's happiness, they love shoes!

Both girls reflect their parents personality. Gracie is very similar to me and Lizzie is very similar to Wes. They show me every day how different they can be. The one similarity is their love for one another. They are always looking out for sissy and want to see her happy. I am thankful every day for these two precious souls.




2 comments:

amy said...

sweet post! love those girls!

The Ortega's said...

You know, I was just noticing how my boys hair mirrored their personalities and character traits almost perfectly. Nice to know I'm not the only one that sees a connection like that. Great to see you at the patch, the girls are getting so big.