Thursday, May 9, 2013

Muffins with Mom

Today was Muffins with Moms at the girls school. Of course, it was in their individual classrooms so I had to bounce back and forth. Usually, the girls understand and don't have any trouble. Today was different. Gracie and Lizzie both were in and out of our room last night with bad dreams. Neither girl got much sleep.

Anyway, I dropped the girls off and started in Gracie's class. She served me orange juice and shared the presents she had made me. She was so excited and happy. Then, I needed to go back to Lizzie. Lizzie was sitting there sweetly, but looking lonely while all the other kids had their moms. She was happy to see me and gave me a muffin. We looked through her journal and all the presents she had for me.
Gracie and I

Then it was back to Gracie. We went through all the descriptions of the moms that the kids had written and then sang a song. Gracie came back to my lap and I told her I needed to see Lizzie. She didn't want me to go. Usually, both girls are very understanding when they have to share. It was very unusual for Gracie to not want to share.
Lizzie and I

Back to Lizzie, where they sang and then wrapped up. I headed back to Gracie to find her in tears. She thought I wasn't going to come back. She then started sobbing and saying that she didn't want me to leave. Even when her teacher started the day, Gracie didn't want me to leave. Finally her teacher took her and I left. All this was so unlike Gracie, it really worried me.

It was so hard leaving her. Neither girl has had trouble with us leaving them. There have been a handful of times that they have had problems. Of course, I worried about her all day until I ran into Lizzie's teacher and she said that Gracie appeared fine at recess. 

When I picked up the girls from school, Gracie was fine. She was tired but happy. Lack of sleep and Gracie don't mix (she gets that from Wes). The rest of the day went better. We went to the mall and then had their school picnic. They had a blast at the picnic.

No comments: