Thursday, September 8, 2016

Winding Summer Down

August was a busy month for us! We had a great summer and we had fun up until school started! 

One Friday night, we went to the Fort Worth Stockyards for the Stockyards Rodeo. We had a great time. It was raining that night but good thing the rodeo is inside! After the rodeo, we went to look at some of the horses. There were a couple in the pen and the owners came out and let us pet their horses. They even gave the girls their competition numbers! The girls loved it. Their favorite sport is the barrel racing. They love to watch the women on the horses.  
Waiting for the rodeo to start
Petting the horses
The girls with the numbers
Right before school started, the girls and I spent a couple of days in Oklahoma. We visited family and had a great time.

Making a cake with their cousin
Me, my niece, my sister and my mom
I think I was more sad that August was ending than the girls. I'm wasn't ready for them to go back to school. I enjoy the time that we have together. They were ready though!

No comments: