Monday, November 27, 2017

Big Bend of Texas!

For the first part of Thanksgiving break, we went down to the Big Bend area of Texas and camped. The weather was perfect. This area is near and dear to my heart, it's where I was born and raised for the first five years of my life. I love this area and love going back! We can't wait to go back again. You can't see all there is to see in one trip!

When we rolled into Alpine, there was an Art Fest going on and a parade! We walked around to see all the shops in downtown. We stopped for lunch and groceries and then headed to the camp site.

The campsite was nice and the views were awesome. Sunrise and sunset are the most beautiful time of day. Big Bend has the darkest skies and the most stars and shooting stars you have ever seen in your life. One night, one of the other campers had their telescope out and shared with us. We saw other galaxies and close ups of the stars. It reminded me of being a kid and looking through one of my parents' friend's telescope. It was a trip full of great memories and experiences that the girls won't forget.
























 




No comments: