Thursday, December 4, 2008

One year ago.....

Yesterday was the anniversary of finding out I was pregnant with the girls. It was one year ago that we got up early and went to have the blood test to find out if I was pregnant. I remember we were 3rd or 4th in line. The other woman who had a transfer the same day I did was there too. It was very nerve racking. We were told that we wouldn't have results until after 2:00pm. Wes and I went home, got in our separate cars and went to work.

On my way to work, I decided to rear-end someone and ended up totaling the car. I called Wes and he freaked. He turned around, came and got me. He told the police that he was taking me to the hospital and I was pregnant.

We got to the hospital and as I was being checked into the ER (my first trip ever), the cop came and gave Wes a lecture and told him to calm down. It was kind of funny. He told Wes that he couldn't imagine how he would react in the delivery room.

They took me back to a room and checked me out. They did a pregnancy test and told me it was positive. Wes and I didn't believe their test and asked to do a second blood test. They did it and it was positive again! We were so excited. While I was in the ER, I had called the doctors office and told them about the accident. Later that day, they called to check on me and said I was the third person they had that day (who did a blood test) to have a car accident. Anyway, I was able to tell the nurse that I was pregnant. It usually worked the other way around..... It was a crazy and exciting day!

There were two good things that day. I was pregnant and we were able to buy a new bigger car for the girls.....

1 comment:

EricAndErica said...

Reading your story made me cry (and I knew that story!!). What an awesome moment to find out your pregnant. Time goes by too fast...