Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lunch Out

Yesterday, the girls and I had lunch with my friend and yoga teacher Shanon. The lunch started off normal. We ordered our food and drinks. The food came and we all ate and talked.

The girls did pretty good. Then they finished their food. So to entertain themselves, the crunched up all the chips left in the bowl. Broken chips were all over the table and floor. After the girls were done with that, they started to get whiny so I decided to let them out of the high chairs.

In the mean time, the restaurant started filling up and a couple of women dressed in business attire sat down next to us. We were pretty close together. Anyway, I could feel the women staring at us. Usually, we get the covert smiles and looks that the girls are cute. This was not the looks we were getting from these two.

Anyway, I let the girls out of the high chairs and put them on the booth next to us. The girls played there for a bit and then started crawling under the table and running around the table. Not too bad, but they weren't sitting quietly anymore. I gave the girls a wipe to wash their face and hands and my girls being the cleaners started wiping off the high chair and floor. The waiter came by and thought it was funny. However, the two women sitting next to me did not. They especially didn't like it when Lizzie decided to be nice and clean their table too (with the same wipe that was on the floor). She then left the wipe on their table. One of the women made a comment (a not polite one either). I grabbed the wipe and tried to ignore the looks.

Finally, we got up to leave and I noticed that the table next to us was empty. Then I noticed that the two women had gotten up and MOVED to another table farther away. Anyway, I decided I was glad that Lizzie put that gross wipe on their table.

No comments: