Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 and My Birthday

Where to start, we packed a lot into 8 days. Our Thanksgiving week started the Sunday before when we headed to my grandma's. We met all of my mom's side of the family, all 20 something of us. It was really fun.
All 13 great-grandchildren
The girls and I headed back to OKC with my mom and dad while Wes headed back home to work for two days. So the girls and I hung out with grandma and papa and saw my cousins Angie and Chris. I got to go to the sonogram with them to see the baby boy. We also had all 5 cousins spend the night. The 3 big kids went to sleep really late and we went to McDonald's for breakfast.

On Wednesday, Wes came to OKC and we had a pre-Thanksgiving and birthday lunch with Grandma and Papa Potter and all 5 kids. Then for dinner, we went to have mexican for my birthday.

Papa making zip ties into rings for the girls
On Thursday, we had Thanksgiving here with my sister's family, Angie and Chris's family, my aunt Betty, us and my parents. This year my birthday fell on Thanksgiving. It was such a fun day and as a gift to me from my mom, I got to be lazy all day! Our after lunch tradition is to look through all the Black Friday ads. That's when we planned for midnight run to Macy's. Which is exactly what we did.
Counting pennies that Grandma gave them
 Friday, mom and I went shopping and she ended up getting all the girls presents. It was fun going with her.

Saturday, we went to my sister's for chili and the Muppet Movie. After the movie, Wes, the girls and I went to see Grandma and Papa Potter. It was a really fun day for us and the girls. We all loved the movie.
With Grandma
Sunday we headed home. So much fun and so exhausting..... Can't wait until Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have a beautiful family. your twins are gorgeous! enjoyed your blog. :)

xoxo
jasmine