Sunday, June 17, 2012

Gone Fishin'

We spent this weekend in Oklahoma for my nephew's birthday and Father's Day. It was a fun weekend.

On Saturday, we took the girls to a fishing birthday party. It was the first time the girls had ever fished. Gracie really liked it but Lizzie was not as big a fan. Her attention span lasted about as long as mine. Gracie caught a stick and a fish. When she caught the stick, she was so funny and said "you can't eat stick for dinner". Lizzie mostly got her hook caught in the grass or other stuff.

Patiently waiting for daddy to get the hook on the line

Gracie fishing
Daddy casting Lizzie's line while she waits patiently

Catching "stick fish"

Fishing some more
Gracie's "catch"
On Sunday, it was Sammy's birthday and Father's Day. My cousins' came over for lunch and I got to hold baby Dawson while Kassidy played with all the kids. He is so big and cute.
My sweet daddy

The girls and their sweet daddy

My cousin, Chris, telling the girls all about Dawson

Eating Sammy's birthday brownies

The birthday boy with a mouth full of brownie
It was a really fun weekend and we are all exhausted. Wes and I stayed up late both nights talking with my parents.

No comments: