Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas 2012

What did the Potters do for Christmas? We traveled to Oklahoma City and spent 9 days with my family. Our time there was good and bad. My aunt has recently been diagnosed with cancer. Christmas Eve was her first chemo treatment. We took turns spending time with her during her treatment. The week was rough for her. We spent a lot of time trying to help her through this.
My aunt Betty with her "kids"

We did have some bright spots to keep our spirits up. Because we were expecting some snow on Christmas Day, we exchanged gifts with my sister and her family on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day, the snow was not as much as expected but it was nice. The girls loved all their presents. Poor Lizzie was sick most of the week with a cold.

Grandma reading "The Night Before Christmas"

Christmas morning, playing with the Dora House in Papa's t-shirt

Gracie playing in the snow! She loved it.

Lizzie and Gracie playing
Sydney, my niece, has been growing her hair out for a while to donate. She finally had it long enough to get it cut! She was so excited to have it cut and even more excited she was helping someone receive a wig.
Before we left to get it cut

Getting ready for the chop!

So cute!
The final activity our Christmas break was to spend time with my dad's family. Each year, we celebrate Christmas the weekend after Christmas. We had a good time even though we missed my aunt who couldn't make it.
The girls playing with baby Dawson

Kassidy, Angie, Gracie, Lizzie, baby Dawson

My dad and two of his brothers

My cousin Chris and Dawson

Wes and the girls
The week was full of mixed emotions with concern over my aunt and then the joy of Christmas.We will remember this Christmas for a long time.


No comments: