Sunday, January 6, 2013

Our New Favorite Show

As a kid, one of the shows I remember watching is Mister Rogers Neighborhood. It was one of my favorites. I love watching him and going into the "Land of Make Believe" with Trolley. I was so excited when I learned that they were making an animated version "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood".

After the first time of watching, the girls were in love. I knew they liked it but didn't realize how much or what impact it was making on them. The first time I realized it was after Lizzie got really angry with Gracie and hit her. After timeout, I was talking to her about why she did it and how she could handle it in the future. Then she quoted Daniel Tiger, "When you feel so mad that you want to ROAR, Take a deep breath and count to four. 1…2…3…4…" Now I hear this several times a week.


After watching an episode of Daniel writing a letter to his dad, Gracie wanted to send one to her dad. She got some paper and wrote on it, folded it up, licked it and told me to put it in the mail box. "Making something is one way to say “I love you.”"


Sharing is big in my house and we hear this one A LOT. "You can take a turn, and then I'll get it back."

It cracks me up when I hear this one, "When you have to go potty, STOP… and go right away.  Flush, wash…and be on your way!"

The girls will watch the same episode over and over again. They love it. Its funny to hear them quoting a little tiger. 

No comments: