Friday, July 29, 2011

While the mice are away....

So, this cat has been free for a few days. The girls spent some time with Grandma and Papa. Momma got a much needed break from potty training, the terrible 3s and temper tantrums.

So what did I do while they were away?

Day 1
I got up and decided I was going to go to a couple of thrift stores. I keep reading blogs about people who get really cute stuff for really cheap. So, I found a couple of places to try. The first place I went, I found a couple of things but nothing I loved. The entire time, I keep thinking about where these clothes might have been before they found their way into the store. The longer I was in the store, the more I thought about it and got grossed out. I left that store and went to another one that wasn't as nice. I then decided to head to Grapevine Mills and found some really cute jeans.

That night, I went to yoga and then met Wes at the movies to see the last Harry Potter movie. It was a fun date night!

Day 2
I slept in until almost 9 am! I haven't slept in for a long time. Then I made a discovery. I don't normally flat iron my hair, but just started recently. I have been using this huge flat iron and burning my fingers in the process. I thought I had another smaller one but couldn't find it until I followed a cable and there it was! YAY! No more burned fingers. These are things you can do while your children are away.

Needless to say, I was pretty lazy the rest of the day. I did a little cleaning and a little laundry. That night, we went to a lecture from a yogi on fear.

Day 3

I headed to OKC to pick up the girls and spend a couple of days. We napped and had a fun dinner with the family.

Day 4
I met my cousin downtown at her office so she could train me for a part time job I am starting. It is so awesome, I can work from home on my own time! Yay for me! Love her!

While I was being trained, grandma, papa and the kids went to see Winnie the Pooh. The girls pigged out on popcorn (Gracie told me she ate so much it made her knee hurt, ha ha). That evening we went to see Grandma and Grandpa Potter where the girls laughed and played which made the Potters laugh! So much fun!

Day 5
The girls and I went home. Wes was sick almost the entire time we were gone so he was really happy to see us!

No comments: