Friday, August 20, 2010

Crafting

Because I am now home more, I have had a little more time to craft. Before, the only chance I had was at crafting lunch at work. Now, I have less stress and can craft at home. I have had some projects that I wanted to try and never felt I was there craft-wise to do it.

One project I wanted to tackle was a rag wreath. It was so easy and fun to make. I thought I was going to use this "vintage" 70's fabric (thanks Stephanie) that was given to me. I started it and Wes said it was a little much. So, I looked through my fabric stash to find more fabric. See Stephanie, I'm actually using left overs for something. I finished it off by using some of my ribbon that was left over from hair bow making for the girls. I'm thinking I'll make another one for Christmas.

My wreath

Another project I worked on was creating some rosettes for Stephanie's daughter Alex for her 7th birthday. I made a headband and pony tail holder with rosettes. I took a girls headband and wrapped it with a burgundy satin fabric, made a rosette and then a bow with some awesome ribbon I found at Hobby Lobby. Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of a headband on your own head? I forgot to take a picture of the ponytail holder. I thought it was really cute.

More rosettes to come later........

1 comment:

amy said...

LOVE the wreath AND rosette bow- gorgeous!!