Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Story Time

Today the girls and I went for an outing. I decided to take the girls to the library for story time. Story time starts at 10:30 sharp (don't be late because you don't get in). The girls and I got there too early and had to wait.

To entertain them, I tried lots of things. We first tried to red a book, but they were not interested. Then we went to the fun looking bench. That lasted until we saw the water outside. I was thinking great, we can watch the water for awhile, until I realized it was the emergency exit and the girls wanted to pull the handle. Gracie and Lizzie then decide to run up and down the aisle. I kept thinking, why am I doing this to myself.

Next, Lizzie runs into a chair and screams. I was really embarrassed. All the other mommies were giving me dirty looks. Finally, 10:30 arrives and the doors open.

The girls hand over their tickets and we go in. They pick the seats and we sit down. We first start with songs and the girls like it. Then the story teller starts reading a book. This looses my girls' interest and they start squirming. I'm thinking this is the longest story ever.

We finally end that story and sing another song. The girls are happy again. Then it's another story, again my girls lose interest. To occupy themselves, the girls start running between me and the wall. Another girl sees this and decides she's going to do it too. Her mom stares at me and gives me dirty looks. Finally after 3 long books and several songs, we move on to the craft. The craft involves a glue stick. So there are tons of kids squished around this table trying to glue down a barn and pig.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough. We will probably go back because the girls enjoyed most of it but I'm not sure about myself.

No comments: