Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bluebonnets

Today, I took the girls to get pictures in the bluebonnets. My friend Allison had a great idea for our twin group. To have the kids come out and she would take pictures. I thought to myself, this will be great, my girls love to model for Allison and take pictures.

I should have know that today was not going to go ok. Lizzie woke up cranky and didn't want to do anything I asked her. I finally got them dressed and in the car. We stopped for donuts (I was thinking the sugar would work in my favor) and headed to our field of bluebonnets.

In my crazy dream world, I envisioned beautiful girls smiling sweetly for Allison. In reality, we get to the field to find out it was soaking wet, not from rain but from sprinklers. Allison got some really good shots of all the kids until their feet got wet. Lizzie and Anna (one of Allison's triplets) were not happy about the wet feet and were crying. Gracie wanted to be attached to Allison's hip while she was taking pictures of other kids (thus making taking pictures difficult). Again, my girls LOVE Allison. I think they would live with her if they could.

Anyway, we finally bribed Lizzie and Gracie with Fritos (chili cheese no less, their daddy would be proud) to take ONE shot together. It worked! I just hope Allison got a good one to use.

This is how most of the shots went when I tried to get them together.

The Fritos worked! This is with Gracie stuffing them in her mouth.

In my disappointment, I stopped at a field closer to home after I got the girls McDonald's water and apples

No comments: