Thursday, April 14, 2011

They Look Sweet Don't They

See how sweetly these two girls can smile and look cute?

Lizzie saying "cheese"

Gracie looking cute

Well, they can look cute when they want to and then turn around and be little terrors. I took these pictures after we finished having lunch with my friend Shanon, where they acted like two little monkeys. They climbed all over her, jumped in the booth and tried to put something in a lady's hair sitting behind us. Finally, lunch ended when Gracie started screeching about something I took from her.

The next day, we met up with our friend Anna, Isaac and EJ for story time and playing. We got through story time with out trouble but when we went outside they were naughty. Lizzie would blatantly do something that I told her not to do. She was in time out a lot. Gracie was a little better and didn't go in time out as much.

Some other things they are doing:
  • Gracie is fighting me about the car seat, I can't tell if its because she thinks she is in the wrong seat or not
  • Lizzie likes to run in the other direction, usually when we are near really busy streets.
  • Gracie is still fighting me about the potty. We are trying to bribe her with cute panties. I have to beg her to go when she wants to do something "more fun".
  • Both like to hit. Lizzie hits Gracie when she is frustrated and vice versa. Gracie has a temper and tries to hit anything in her path.
We are trying to work on correcting all these bad behaviors. Its a little overwhelming when you have two at the same stage working against me. What keeps me sane and more calm is that they do have very cute moments. They are talking so much to each other. Some times I can't even tell what they are talking about (I think they are plotting against me sometimes) but they talk, laugh and play. Today in the car, they were talking and Lizzie was belly laughing so hard. It cracked me up!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm not glad that your kiddos fight. However, I'm glad to know it isn't just mine. ;) Oh my goodness. The fighting, hitting & screaming at each other is out of control & this mama doesn't know how to fix it. Mine are younger than yours but keep me posted if you figure it all out!

Good luck! BTW... they do look awfully innocent & sweet in their pics.